You might make a great addition to our team! Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, KimCo currently has the following job openings:
Are you Flexible, Responsive, and Dedicated?
- PCB Hand Solderer
- PCB TH Supervisor
- QA- PCB Inspector
- Manufacturing Quality Engineer
- Doc Control Specialist
Installs and solders components on various sizes of through-hole PCBs in accordance to customer specifications and/or to IPC Class 2 and 3.
Responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Be detail orientated, self-sufficient, and able to meet production quota in a timely manner.
- Be able to follow schematics for proper installation of components and proper soldering procedure to ensure quality of the finished product.
- Work with small parts, using soldering irons and small hand tools.
- Willing to perform other tasks as may be required by management.
- Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the shift.
- Must follow all safety rules, including maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Must be able to properly use a soldering iron (A solder test will be required prior to employment.)
Responsible for training and organizing work flow for the PCB TH group in order to consistently produce on-time product with high quality and maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate with the Production Manager to establish production priorities and ensure customer deadlines are consistently met.
- Utilize the production schedule to help meet customer ship dates and plan for future workloads.
- Evaluate current and future staffing requirements.
- Work with the Production Manager and/or HR department to increase or decrease staffing levels as required.
- Monitor planned and actual labor times on all assemblies. Evaluate jobs and implement process improvements for any jobs not manufactured within the quoted labor times.
- Provide PCB assemblers with quoted labor times for the jobs they work on so they know what is expected of them.
- Perform WIP inspections in order to verify their output as well as the quality of products they produce.
- Keep documented records to be used for employee performance evaluations.
- Ensure PCB assemblers are equipped with the appropriate training and tooling necessary to complete jobs in an efficient and accurate manner.
Assist the PCB assemblers in daily operations and ensure production quotas are met within established time standards. Able to prioritize tasks efficiently and perform other functions as needed. Assure that all safety rules are followed and proper PPE is used.
Must have knowledge of blue prints, schematics and be certified in IPC 610.
- Excel and Word experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of electronics manufacturing experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Apply Lean principles and methodologies to inspection processes
- Advanced knowledge in the use and application of measurement tools including calipers, micrometers, height, pin, thread, and other advanced devices
- Ability to interpret complex assembly drawings
- Experience applying IPC 610 guidelines to electronic components, PCB (printed circuit board) and PCA (printed circuit assembly) inspections
- Experience working in an ISO9001 Quality System
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Inspects PCB’s under a microscope and/or using an AOI for extended periods of time
- Follows all safety rules and maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Ensures quality of the finished product according to customer and/or IPC specifications.
- Meeting production quota’s as set in the time standards is required.
- Willing to do any QA or other projects as assigned by KimCo’s QA Supervisor or Management.
- Assist other QA inspectors as needed.
- IPC 610 certification highly desirable
- Strong understanding of acceptance sampling standards and guidelines desirable
- Strong understanding of MS Office applications required
- Able to sit for long periods of time throughout the shift.
- Prior experience reading and interpreting prints, work instructions, and BOM’s.
Implements and coordinates activities related to the development, application and maintenance of quality standards for production processes/systems, materials, products and parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Auditing and reporting of manufacturing processes through use of metrics.
Administer new and existing process development, implementation, and controls in support of internal and customer specific needs.
Mentor and train individuals in various processes, required tools, and philosophies.
Support DFM development on new and existing customer projects and RFQ’s.
Administer assessments of new processes for implementation into manufacturing.
Support failure analysis.
Support new customer product introductions.
Assist in cost reduction projects on specific processes.
Support process qualifications and validations of both new and existing processes.
Support quote activities by reviewing and ensuring all customer technology requirements are met.
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience for this position; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Broad understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
Industry experience of 3-5 years, or more, is highly desirable.
Experience with all aspects of electronics manufacturing including PCB, EMA, and Cable/Harness processes.
IPC A610 and 620b
Electronics Manufacturing Quality Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Surface Mount Technology: 3 years (Preferred)
Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Intermediate decision making and problem solving skill is required.
Must be proficient using Excel, Word, various Databases and able to perform moderately complex computer tasks as assigned.
Issues and controls assembly build documentation through strict adherence to established procedures and work instructions to ensure that products are built to the most current revision. Maintains and updates several reports used for tracking the location, status and revision of assembly build documentation.
- Maintains a daily production schedule for documentation to be released to the production floor
- Verifies that all documentation issued to production is the most current revision on file
- Prints, logs and issues extra copies of build documentation to production operators when requested
- Maintains a tracking database of all assembly documentation
- Creates and issues product certificates of conformance when mandated by the customer
- Logs build documentation in at the conclusion of production jobs and routes to Technical Design for any required red-line updates
- Performs filing of hard copy build documentation in accordance with established document retention schedules
- Works directly with production personnel
- Implement change requests to production documentation and bill of materials in an MRP database.
- Ensure that document packages are maintained and made available for production assemblers, QA/Test and shipping personnel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience in manufacturing document control or related field
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Basic understanding of MRP systems and revision control
- Detail orientated