You might make a great addition to our team! Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, KimCo currently has the following job openings:
Are you Flexible, Responsive, and Dedicated?
Installs and solders components on various sizes of through-hole PCBs in accordance to customer specifications and/or to IPC Class 2 and 3.
Responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Be detail orientated, self-sufficient, and able to meet production quota in a timely manner.
- Be able to follow schematics for proper installation of components and proper soldering procedure to ensure quality of the finished product.
- Work with small parts, using soldering irons and small hand tools.
- Willing to perform other tasks as may be required by management.
- Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the shift.
- Must follow all safety rules, including maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Must be able to properly use a soldering iron (A solder test will be required prior to employment.)
- Apply Lean principles and methodologies to inspection processes
- Advanced knowledge in the use and application of measurement tools including calipers, micrometers, height, pin, thread, and other advanced devices
- Ability to interpret complex assembly drawings
- Experience applying IPC 610 guidelines to electronic components, PCB (printed circuit board) and PCA (printed circuit assembly) inspections
- Experience working in an ISO9001 Quality System
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Inspects PCB’s under a microscope and/or using an AOI for extended periods of time
- Follows all safety rules and maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Ensures quality of the finished product according to customer and/or IPC specifications.
- Meeting production quota’s as set in the time standards is required.
- Willing to do any QA or other projects as assigned by KimCo’s QA Supervisor or Management.
- Assist other QA inspectors as needed.
- IPC 610 certification highly desirable
- Strong understanding of acceptance sampling standards and guidelines desirable
- Strong understanding of MS Office applications required
- Able to sit for long periods of time throughout the shift.
- Prior experience reading and interpreting prints, work instructions, and BOM’s.
Implements and coordinates activities related to the development, application and maintenance of quality standards for production processes/systems, materials, products and parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Auditing and reporting of manufacturing processes through use of metrics.
Administer new and existing process development, implementation, and controls in support of internal and customer specific needs.
Mentor and train individuals in various processes, required tools, and philosophies.
Support DFM development on new and existing customer projects and RFQ’s.
Administer assessments of new processes for implementation into manufacturing.
Support failure analysis.
Support new customer product introductions.
Assist in cost reduction projects on specific processes.
Support process qualifications and validations of both new and existing processes.
Support quote activities by reviewing and ensuring all customer technology requirements are met.
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience for this position; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Broad understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
Industry experience of 3-5 years, or more, is highly desirable.
Experience with all aspects of electronics manufacturing including PCB, EMA, and Cable/Harness processes.
IPC A610 and 620b
Electronics Manufacturing Quality Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Surface Mount Technology: 3 years (Preferred)
Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Intermediate decision making and problem solving skill is required.
Must be proficient using Excel, Word, various Databases and able to perform moderately complex computer tasks as assigned.