You might make a great addition to our team! Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, KimCo currently has the following job openings:
Are you Flexible, Responsive, and Dedicated?
- PCB Hand Solderer
- PCB Prepper Stuffer
- Technical Design Specialist
- Customer Service Account Manager
- Production Supervisor
- QA Cable Inspector
- PCB SMT OPERATOR
- Labeling Clerk
- Cable Assembler
Installs and solders components on various sizes of through-hole PCBs in accordance to customer specifications and/or to IPC Class 2 and 3.
Responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Be detail orientated, self-sufficient, and able to meet production quota in a timely manner.
- Be able to follow schematics for proper installation of components and proper soldering procedure to ensure quality of the finished product.
- Work with small parts, using soldering irons and small hand tools.
- Willing to perform other tasks as may be required by management.
- Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the shift.
- Must follow all safety rules, including maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Must be able to properly use a soldering iron (A solder test will be required prior to employment.)
Prepping of parts and installing parts on all sizes of PC Boards.
Duties include but not limited to:
Be able to read schematics for proper installation of parts on boards. Work with multiple small parts for all different size of PCB boards.
Be detail orientated, self sufficient and meet production quota as set by time standards. Work where needed in production and performs other functions required by management.
Must be able to process same kind work while sitting for long periods of time throughout the shift, and follow all safety rules including maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
Creates assembly build documentation through the interpretation of customer drawings, bills of material and industry specifications. Communicates customer specifications to production assemblers using effective technical writing skills to facilitate the successful manufacture of cable harnesses, printed circuit assemblies and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Creates assembly build documentation for use by Production Operators based on customer specifications and established workmanship standards
- Specifies components based on descriptions and customer requirements in the creation of bills of material for cable assemblies and printed circuit boards
- Performs revision control on both internal and external assembly documentation to ensure product is being built to the most current customer specifications
- Ensures that the assembly and QA-Test procedures for all assemblies are thoroughly and accurately documented and the document packages are made available for Production Assemblers, QA/Test and Shipping personnel
- Implements deviation requests and production redlines to existing assembly build documentation
- Conducts New Product Introduction Meetings with Production and QA/Test department for new assemblies
- Performs analysis of customer drawings and bills of material to identify possible issues and works with the customer to mitigate these issues prior to the production build
- Uses a variety of software applications such as CAD viewers, Gerber viewers, Visio, etc. to view, save and print a multitude of customer provided build information
- Previous experience in Technical writing or Production Documentation
- Previous experience in Electronics manufacturing practices to include printed circuit boards and cable assemblies
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Good understanding of Computer Aided Drafting and Technical Writing.
- Basic understanding of MRP systems and revision control
Direct and coordinate customer activities, including but is not limited to: quoting, customer orders, customer complaints, job entering and scheduling.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Provide customers with price quotes for new and existing assemblies.
• Work together with Sales, Production, Purchasing, Document Control and the Stockroom to ensure our customers receive a quality product on time.
• Schedule, enter and track new customer orders in an ERP database.
• Enter Bill of Materials in an ERP database.
• Daily communication with customers
• Customer service experience
• Ability to work efficiently, perform multi-tasking, prioritize tasks, and meet tight deadlines
• Proficient with Excel, Word and access, ability to learn our ERP database.
Responsible for training and organizing work flow for the group in order to consistently produce on-time product with high quality and maximum efficiency.
- Supervise up to 20 employees.
- Coordinate with the Production Manager to establish production priorities and ensure customer deadlines are consistently met.
- Utilize the production schedule to help meet customer ship dates and plan for future workloads.
- Evaluate current and future staffing requirements.
- Work with the Production Manager and/or HR department to increase or decrease staffing levels as required.
- Monitor planned and actual labor times on all assemblies. Evaluate jobs and implement process improvements for any jobs not manufactured within the quoted labor times.
- Provide assemblers with quoted labor times for the jobs they work on so they know what is expected of them.
- Perform WIP (Work In Process) inspections in order to verify their output as well as the quality of products they produce.
- Keep documented records to be used for employee performance evaluations.
- Ensure assemblers are equipped with the appropriate training and tooling necessary to complete jobs in an efficient and accurate manner.
Assist the assemblers in daily operations and ensure production quotas are met within established time standards. Able to prioritize tasks efficiently and perform other functions as needed. Assure that all safety rules are followed and proper PPE is used.
- Supervisor or manager experience.
- Must have knowledge of blue prints, schematics and be certified in IPC 610.
- Excel and Word experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of electronics manufacturing experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Measure cables to Customer, IPC, or KimCo specifications to ensure they are the right length then test for continuity, opens, and shorts.
- Follows all safety rules and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Willing to work in other areas of QA or on other projects as assigned by KimCo’s QA Supervisor or Management.
- Assist other QA inspectors as needed.
- Able to sit for long periods of time throughout the shift.
- Able to read prints, has knowledge of cable assemblies, and familiar with connectors, pins, sockets, and lugs.
- Detail orientated, self-sufficient, and meeting production quota’s as set in the time standards is required.
- Familiar with IPC/WHMA 620 workmanship specifications.
- Knowledge of cable testers, DMM’s, and Hi-Pot testing is helpful.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions proficiently
- Setup and operation of screen printers, pick and place machines and reflow ovens, according to work instructions in order to produce printed circuit boards
- Must ensure quality throughout manufacturing process
Duties include but not limited to:
- Retrieval of kits and stencils from stockroom
- Set up and tear down of screen printers and pick and place machines
- Operation of all machines in SMT area
- Completion of all required documentation for production processes
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Knowledge and understanding of IPC-610 requirements
- Ability to identify SMT components and orientation markings
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Prior experience in PCB manufacturing
• Printing and releasing new and revised picklists
• Printing labels
• Entering new, and updating existing, label files
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Printing and releasing new travelers and new/revised picklists daily, and as may be required
• Printing labels as specified by picklists, or as may requested by other departments
• Checking all printed labels for accuracy and legibility; reprinting if necessary
• Timely delivery of picklists and labels for production jobs, or requesting departments
• Entering new labels and updating existing labels using company labeling software
• Delivering RMA documentation, including picklists and labels, to Document Control as required
• Alerting Document Control of job rescheduling and providing any associated revised picklists
• Cleaning label printers as needed
• Tracking and maintaining label inventories and alerting Purchasing of low inventory levels
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
• Ability to prioritize task assignments
• Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills
• Accurate typing skills
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to follow instructions both written and verbal
Become proficient in tinning (dipping cable ends into liquid solder), soldering (able to solder splice, ring lug and cup splice), heat-shrinking using a heat gun, crimping (with appropriate hand tools) ferrules, ring lugs, and pins/sockets, butt splicing and clipping ends of 14AWG – 30AWG wire/cable, taping (able to tape Y, T, and crossover), pin/socket stuffing and label placement.
Duties include but not limited to:
Become familiar with using different hand tools for various jobs, reading, understanding, knowledge and use of rulers, metric and standard, prints, diagrams, build instructions, cut lists, and apply automotive tape at joints when and where required, tin wires and pull wires through tubing and flex-weave, insert pins and sockets into terminations as required. Follow all safety rules and use appropriate PPE when needed.
Detail oriented, self-sufficient and meets production quota as set in the time standards. All jobs require good hand eye coordination and most jobs require color identification.
Ability to work with small hand tools such as crimpers, clippers, strippers, nippers, grippers, pliers, screwdrivers and nut drivers. Soldering experience preferred. Job requires sitting for long durations throughout the shift, continuous wrist rotation, good hand/arm strength and dexterity. Commit to keeping a clean workstation and observing all safety rules.