You might make a great addition to our team! Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, KimCo currently has the following job openings:
Are you Flexible, Responsive, and Dedicated?
Installs and solders components on various sizes of through-hole PCBs in accordance to customer specifications and/or to IPC Class 2 and 3.
Responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Be detail orientated, self-sufficient, and able to meet production quota in a timely manner.
- Be able to follow schematics for proper installation of components and proper soldering procedure to ensure quality of the finished product.
- Work with small parts, using soldering irons and small hand tools.
- Willing to perform other tasks as may be required by management.
- Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the shift.
- Must follow all safety rules, including maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Must be able to properly use a soldering iron (A solder test will be required prior to employment.)
Supervises a team of technical writers and documentation specialists. Coordinates all activities of Documentation Control Department including but not limited to: Personnel, project planning and scheduling, processing deviation and ECO changes, and the revision control of all documentation at KimCo.
- Plans and coordinates project scheduling, work breakdown structures and budgeting for the Documentation group.
- Prompts others to upcoming or missed project deadlines for assigned action items, escalates overdue items to management for re-prioritization.
- Ensure that the assembly and QA-Test procedures for all assemblies are thoroughly and accurately documented and the document packages are made available for Production Assemblers, QA/Test, and Shipping personnel.
- Ensure documentation is compliant with ISO standards and is revision controlled.
- Develop metrics for measuring the performance of employees in Documentation group. This should include, at a minimum, the accuracy and on-time delivery of documentation packages.
- Facilitate the creation and/or review of BOMs; build procedures and drawings for new assemblies.
- Previous experience in supervision or management.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic understanding of BOM structuring and revision controls.
- Basic understanding of Computer Aided Drafting and Technical Writing.
- Basic understanding of ISO 9001:2016 requirements
- This position is responsible for the Supervision of all Documentation Control employees including Drafters, Technical Writers and Document Control Clerks.
- This includes hiring, firing, team building, performance evaluations and disciplinary functions.
- Apply Lean principles and methodologies to inspection processes
- Advanced knowledge in the use and application of measurement tools including calipers, micrometers, height, pin, thread, and other advanced devices
- Ability to interpret complex assembly drawings
- Experience applying IPC 610 guidelines to electronic components, PCB (printed circuit board) and PCA (printed circuit assembly) inspections
- Experience working in an ISO9001 Quality System
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Inspects PCB’s under a microscope and/or using an AOI for extended periods of time
- Follows all safety rules and maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Ensures quality of the finished product according to customer and/or IPC specifications.
- Meeting production quota’s as set in the time standards is required.
- Willing to do any QA or other projects as assigned by KimCo’s QA Supervisor or Management.
- Assist other QA inspectors as needed.
- IPC 610 certification highly desirable
- Strong understanding of acceptance sampling standards and guidelines desirable
- Strong understanding of MS Office applications required
- Able to sit for long periods of time throughout the shift.
- Prior experience reading and interpreting prints, work instructions, and BOM’s.
Implements and coordinates activities related to the development, application and maintenance of quality standards for production processes/systems, materials, products and parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Auditing and reporting of manufacturing processes through use of metrics.
Administer new and existing process development, implementation, and controls in support of internal and customer specific needs.
Mentor and train individuals in various processes, required tools, and philosophies.
Support DFM development on new and existing customer projects and RFQ’s.
Administer assessments of new processes for implementation into manufacturing.
Support failure analysis.
Support new customer product introductions.
Assist in cost reduction projects on specific processes.
Support process qualifications and validations of both new and existing processes.
Support quote activities by reviewing and ensuring all customer technology requirements are met.
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience for this position; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Broad understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
Industry experience of 3-5 years, or more, is highly desirable.
Experience with all aspects of electronics manufacturing including PCB, EMA, and Cable/Harness processes.
IPC A610 and 620b
Electronics Manufacturing Quality Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Surface Mount Technology: 3 years (Preferred)
Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Intermediate decision making and problem solving skill is required.
Must be proficient using Excel, Word, various Databases and able to perform moderately complex computer tasks as assigned.